Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Waking up to snow and full moons...
So my three nights on the train is done, ended, finito! Looking over my notes of events for those last few days I've decided it's way too boring to post here so I'll save it for when I want to bore you in person. The only thing I will comment on is how we slept for those three nights. We upgraded the first night to a upper 'berth' is what it's called which is basically the top bunk of a section. The attendant told us we could share one berth. It's like sharing a twin sized bed! The top bunk is a bit cheaper because there's no window and smaller. I imagine it's like those capsule hotels in Tokyo, only Charles and I were sharing it! I knew it was a mistake the minute we climbed up and took off our shoes in our 'capsule'. Why, oh why, did fate give me a husband with stinky feet!!!! Now that I think about it why didn't his foot odor knock me out for the rest of the night?
It was so cramped and stuffy that we hardly got any sleep that night. It also takes awhile to get use to the way the train moves. It sways side to side and it is pretty loud. The second night was a whole lot better because we payed the extra $30 to get a lower berth which had way more room and a place to put our bags. The other important part was that our shoes could go under our bed. Being so exhausted we slept soundly that night. The next morning we woke up to snow! We had crossed over the Ontario boarder overnight and it was a winter wonderland.
Have you ever seen a full moon in the morning before? I did. A huge blinding one too...This full moon I encountered in the restroom. The occupant did not lock the door and she was bending down to flush...you can imagine the rest. If anyone has watched the show Little Britain, then when I mention "Bubbles" you can guess what I saw that morning. The funny thing is she didn't see me and I didn't see her face. HA! HA! HA!
Charles and I are still laughing about it.
I was pretty bored by the third day so to eleviate boredom I wrote some haiku for you folks. It somewhat chronicles the events. I'll just post a few of the three pages I wrote, yes I was THAT bored.
Train Haiku:
I like to ride trains
Waking up to snow is fun
Not when seeing bum
Charles reads a book
Now and then he gives me looks
To see if I'm bored
Yes I am so bored
My bum is sore from sitting
Get me off this train
People are in back
Singing, dancing and clapping
I am anti-joy
Some girl is singing
Not like that Susan Boyle
More like William Hung
I like trains whistle
Do you think the conductor
Is deaf when that blows?
Some folks annoy me
I gave them all new nicknames
They will never know
Some things that I ate
Are beef jerky and noodles
I miss other food
The birch trees are white
They are grouped like an army
Sticks ready to fight
I make myself laugh
These poems are really silly
I hope you like them
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Does Charles feet smel like Cheetoes ? What about a shower?
ReplyDeleteHey Myra.... I laughed myself silly over the stinky feet comment...could be worse, remember the hot box I got in VEGAS??
ReplyDeleteIf you haven't figured it out yet, this is KARI signing in under Bryan.
Keep the blogs coming, we love to live vicariously through you and Charles!
Who is this? Oh if you read the captions from the pictures you'll see that we received shower kits (towels, soap etc.) so yes, we got to take a shower with our upgrade. The washrooms and shower room is actually roomier then you would think. In 1st class it's separate mens and womens washrooms. oh yeah Cheetos would be way better smelling then his feet!
ReplyDeleteHi Kari! Yeah you have a husband with smelly farts!
ReplyDeleteHi Myra,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having adventures...seeing full moons and smelly things...hahaha
you phoned me when i was watching 'EARTH' movie and the answer to your question, NO i'm not.