Saturday, April 25, 2009

Leaving Jasper...


This is my bear-friend I met while on my tour.

Well, leaving the town of Jasper today and getting on the 5:30pm train to Toronto. It's going to be a long one. We're hoping to try and upgrade to a sleeper on board. There are rumours that you can pay to upgrade for very little. We'll see how that goes. I can just see us now, offering up cash and getting thrown off the train, haha! If that doesn't work we are doomed to the two seaters to sleep in for three nights.
Glad to get a change of scenery soon. I really want to see the Prairies by train. We hit Edmonton tomorrow morning I think and then there's stop offs in Saskatoon and Winnipeg. The train will stop for at least an hour if it's running on-time. I'm hoping it will in Winnipeg because there's a famous market called The Forks that I want to check out. It sounds like it's equivalent to Granville Public Market. Apparently it's right by the train station. So I guess I won't be blogging for a couple of days seeing as there really is no internet on the train like I thought. Hope all is well with everyone and I hope I'm not boring you all with this dribble. I'll try and get ourselves into some trouble to entertain you all.

4 comments:

  1. 3 days on a train! Now we'll see if this marriage can last :) Once I went from San Francisco to Miami on a Greyhound Bus...which is the same sort of thing. I loved it BUT I was 19.Anyway its forced relaxation which is always good.What are you reading anything good? Are there movies on the train.Oh well theres always sex.Ok speak soon.Great blog!T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying your updates! Hopefully Charles doesn't go too stir crazy across the prairies, it was his idea right?? Thinking of you both and glad to hear you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dribble? how can you call chillin' sheep, sleeping charles, and boobie looking mountains boring? (plus i feel like i'm getting to know tony which is also really cool.) i'm going to google all these places that you mention cuz i have no idea where, east-to-west-wise, you are. hope the market works out - if so please get some elk jerky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, by the way, these comments are from todd who is just signed in as alisa at this point. she's the classy one, i'm (todd) the one who says "boobie looking mountains." as if you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete